Thursday, July 8, 2010

Fourth of July Festivities

Our kids look forward to the Fourth of July for so many reasons... Mainly because we get together with family and have a blast! Every year we take a family picture, then head over to the Hadlock grandparents for Food, Games, Fun, Fireworks, and a Talent Show starring all the cousins. The kids do a good job at preparing their acts and showing their talents. This year, the kids were so excited because all the cousins were there.

I was thinking, my kids are kind of like fireworks. Nate (7) is like a jumping jack-full of energy and bounces all over the place. Jessica (9) is a like a flower - sparkly and colorful. Nicole 11 is like a sparkler - steady, bright, full of light and energy, until she fizzles at the end of the day. Drew is like a bottle rocket, light him on fire and he blasts off (lol) and Natalie is like a fountain...words flow out of her all day long...it seems like she'll never stop.
Me and Dave - 15 1/2 years of fireworks...I don't know which firework describes us best...I guess in marriage you get them all eventually!

Tyler is a fun and spontaneous emcee.

The three youngest girl cousins : Alayna Hadlock, Natalie and Christina Stahmann. Nicole made their cute festive tutus.


Breakdancing B-Boys.... Nathan Daniel Michael Ethan and Tyler!

Everybody MACARENA!

Its fun to stay at the YMCA!


Bunny Hop !

Breakaway- Jessica, Kaie and Nicole sounded so good singing this together. They each have pretty voices and its fun to see them get more confident as they get older.

Drew is officially a teenager at 13 and feels a little old for the talent show, but he did the Jerk for us and accompanied the kids on his guitar for "Proud to be an American".

Dave -- showing his limbo skills. He is is know for his lack of flexibility, but he can limbo.
Grandma and Grandpa Hadlock cutting a rug. Dave's mom loves to dance...I don't know about his dad, but I love that he dances with her because she loves it! Our kids get dancing genes from both sides...I am glad they like it too. I have had the opportunity to teach all of them- I hope they will have good memories about it. I'll write this off as another wonderful Fourth of July.. I am so happy to be free to enjoy my family!

post signature

2 comments:

  1. Oh, man! Dave doing the limbo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet post. You did a great job writing it. I love spending the 4th with the Hadlocks too. I didn't know about your photo tradition before you arrived. Great idea! You always look so patriotic and cute. Love you all!

    ReplyDelete